Director of Web Systems
October 2016 to Present
Proven innovator in open source enterprise higher education solutions. I architect, build and administer a family of digital properties supporting the operation of a non-profit online university serving 15,000+ students, 650+ distributed faculty, and 500+ staff. These properties include open source enterprise web content management systems (CMS) housing the University’s public websites, student portal, and employee intranet as well as several active institutional blogging sites.
- Develop two open source enterprise web CMS housing the University’s public websites
- Architect of the University’s employee intranet and student learning services portal
- Created institutional knowledge repositories in collaboration with the online education unit
- Developed MyPortfolio, a specialized professional online portfolio builder for students
- Manage private and public institutional and non-LMS course-related web assets
Director of the Online Writing Lab
January 2016 to October 2016
Led a distributed team including two instructional designers, a subject matter expert, and a concept artist during a 7-month redesign and new platform development project for Excelsior’s 9-time nationally award-winning Online Writing Lab (owl.excelsior.edu). Designed and built several properties for the online education unit including knowledge repositories for the Course Development and Instructional Design teams, an Open Education Resource (OER) showcase site, and the MyPortfolio tool for Career Services.
- Using WordPress, rebuilt a custom Cake PHP platform that originally cost $250,000
- Facilitated technical integration and launch of the new Online Reading Comprehension Lab
- Guided the selection of H5P for creating over 260 learning objects embedded in the OWL
- Built special sites and tools for the Online Education and Learning and Academic Services groups
Director of Digital Engagement Services
January 2015 to January 2016
Managed all public and private web content, documents and media; planned site information architecture; administered permissions and user access; maintained mobile-friendly, responsive design standards that met WCAG and Section 508 accessibility guidelines. Led a successful team of two web content editors, a web designer, and a CRM administrator.
Web Content Management Systems Administrator
June 2012 to January 2015
Web developer and content wrangler in charge of open source enterprise web systems. Designed and built several online repositories: a syllabus repository, a web-based document management system in alignment with the publications team inventory nomenclature; and a media library for college-wide webinar presentations.